- The authors:
Ekaterina A. Protsenko
- Issue:November 16th, 2018
- Pages: 96-105
- Section: Cross-cultural communication as a global problem in the modern world
- URL: http://conferences-ifl.rudn.ru/96-105/
The article provides a descriptive study of recoded from Russian words in modern western press. The focus is placed on the process of interlanguage recoding as a way of language interactions in the media; peculiarities of functioning of recoded lexical items have been considered. Illustrating the use of recoded from Russian words, the author distinguishes their most typical functions in newspaper texts.
Keywords: language contacts, interlanguage recoding, russianisms,
modern press, national and cultural determination, expressive means, stylistic device
Ekaterina A. Protsenko
Foreign Languages Department Voronezh Institute of the Russian Ministry of the Interior, Voronezh, Russia
- Fisher, R., Pulaczewska, W. 2009. Anglicisms in Europe: Linguistic Diversity in a Global Context. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, UK, 350 pp.
- Ferguson, G., 2006. Language planning and education. Edinburgh, Edinburgh University Press, 2006, 248 рp.
- Kamaletdinova, A.B., 2002. Foreign words in modern mass media communication: 1996-2001 (in Russian). Bashkir State Teachers’ University, Ufa. Dissertation, 207 pp.
- Lindberg, E.S., Polyakova, N.V., 2015. Pragmatic aspects of functioning of precedented names in English and French advertising discourse // Scientific Newsletter Modern Linguistic and methodicaland-didactic research 2 (26): 57-66.
- Lichtkoppler, J., 2005. English as a lingua franca: An unknown language? In: Identity, community, discourse: English in Inter-cultural Settings. Frankfurt: Peter Lang, 2005, pp. 269-292.
- Mabule, D.R., 2015. What is this? Is it Code-switching, codemixing or Language Alternating? Journal of Educational and Social Research 5 (1): 39-349.
- NiemaHamad, A.H., Ammar, A.A., 2016. Types and functions of code switching in the English language. International Journal of Advanced Research and Review 1(8): 10-18.
- Protsenko, E.A., Zhivokina, M.A., 2015. Russian-English interactions as a two-way channel of linguistic exchange. Russian linguistic Bulletin 1 (1): 4-6.
- Witalisz A., 2011. Linguistic Globalization as a Reflection of Cultural Changes. Journal of Global Awareness 11 (1): 1-11.
- Podhajecka M., 2006. Russian Borrowings in English: Similarities and Differences in Lexicographic Description. In: SelectedProceedings of the 2005 Symposium on New Approaches in English Historical Lexis (HEL-LEX), Somerville, Cascadilla Proceedings Project, pp. 123-134.
Le Figaro. URL: http://www.lefigaro.fr/
Le Monde. URL: http://www.lemonde.fr/
Libération. URL: http://www.liberation.fr/
The Guardian. URL: http://www.theguardian.co.uk/
The Independent. URL: http://www.independent.co.uk/
The Times. URL: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/
The Telegraph. URL: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/