- The authors:
Elena A. Barsukova
- Issue:November 16th, 2018
- Pages: 380-388
- Section: Cross-cultural component of the linguistic personality in understanding the socio-cultural reality
- URL: http://conferences-ifl.rudn.ru/380-388/
Abstract: The article presents the findings of the comparative analysis of ISO 9000:2015 terminology and its Russian translated version. The paper discusses the difficulties of translating the system of terms and studies how well it is rendered from English into Russian in respect of its semantic, conceptual and structural dimensions.
Keywords: Terminology, translation, system of terms, semantics, conceptual framework, ISO 9000:2015, GOST R ISO 9000-2015
Elena A. Barsukova
Department of Area Studies
Faculty of Foreign Languages and Area Studies
Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
- Averbukh, K. Ya. 2004. Obshaya Teoriay Termina [General Theory of the Term]. Ivanovo, 252 pp.
- Bazhutin, I.A., Bazhutina, M.M. 2016. Management quality or quality management? Language and Culture,23: 80-86.
- Bukrinsky, А. М. 2013. Faulty Terminology as a Threat to Security. Standard and Quality,8: 84—87.
- Electronic Dictionary dic.academic.ru. URL: www.dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/ruwiki/249043 [Accessed October 14 2018].
- Gherd, А. S. 1988. Logical and Conceptual Modelling of Terminological Systems and the Russian Language Automated Fund. Branch Terminology And Its Structural Typological Description, 117–127.
- GOST R ISO 9000-2015 Quality management systems – Fundamentals and vocabulary. URL: www.docs.cntd.ru/document/1200124393 [Accessed October 14 2018].
- Guidelines on Developing Regulations on Quality Management System.URL:www.rosim.ru/activities/corp/methodology/documents/metod_ukaz_norm_dok. [Accessed October 14 2018].
- ISO 9000:2015 – Quality management systems – Fundamentals and vocabulary. URL: www.iso.org/ru/standard/45481.html [Accessed October 14 2018].
- National Corpus of the Russian Language. www.ruscorpora.ru/search-main.html [Accessed October 14 2018].
- Ogvozdin V. U. 2013. ISO 9000 Principles and Terminology and the Crisis of their Use. Standard and Quality,11: 28-30.
- Online Dictionary ABBYY Lingvo. URL: www.lingvolive.com/ru-ru/translate/ru-en. [Accessed October 14 2018].
- Ozhegov S. I., Shvedova N.U. 1996. Explanatory Dictionary of the Russian Language. Moscow, 928 pp.