- The authors:
Anastasiia V. Gereeva
- Issue:November 16th, 2018
- Pages: 371-380
- Section: Cross-cultural component of the linguistic personality in understanding the socio-cultural reality
- URL: http://conferences-ifl.rudn.ru/371-380/
Abstract: The given article is dedicated to the issue of an adaptation of the children literature. The main aim of the work is to determine the concept of «adaptation» and to describe this phenomenon at the lexical, grammar and stylistic levels. The actuality of the given issue is explainedby the fact that an adaptation is not clearly defined in the literature on the practice and theory of translation. Nowadays, such researchers as A.P. Stanislavsky (2015), V.V. Demeckaya (2007), Y.I.Retsker (2007), L.S.Barhudarov (1975), A.D.Shveicer (1988), studied some aspects of the adaptation translation. Therelevance of the topic is determined by the necessity to improve the practice ofadaptation of the literature for the children. Considering an adaptation as atype of translation on the base of the «Jungle Book» by J.R. Kipling, the following conclusions were made. The table of the types of adaptation presents the lexical, grammar and stylistic levels of adaptation. The notion of «complete adaptation,» which means a combination of several types of adaptation, is also introduced. The Figure 1 and 2 demonstrates this phenomenon the«complete adaptation».
Keywords: adaptative translation, practice of interpretation, translation of literature for children, levels of adaptation, complete adaptation, stylistic adaptation, lexical and grammar adaptation
Anastasiia V. Gereeva
Institute of Foreign Languages
Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Moscow, Russia
- Barhudarov, L.S. 1975. Language and translation (Issues of general and particular translation theory). International relationships, Мoscow, 240 pp.
- Demetskaya, V.V. 2007. Definitions of adaption concept in terms of communication theory and translation studies. Scientific notes of Tavrichesky Uiversity named after Vernadskyi. Issue «Filology» 20 (59): 107-111.
- Fedorov, A.V. 2002. Basics of general translation theory (linguistic aspects). Publishing House “Philology three”, Moscow, SaintPetersburg, 416 pp.
- Komissarov, B.N. 1990. Theory of translation (linguistic aspects). Higher School, Мoscow, 253 pp.
- Minyar-Beloruchev, R.K. 1996. Theory and method of translation. Voenizdat, Мoscow, 208 pp.
- Nelyubin, L.L. 2003. Explanatory translation dictionary. Flinta, Мoscow, 320 pp.
- Retsker, Y.I. 2007. Translation theory and translation practice. Prosveshcheniye, Мoscow, 244 pp.
- Schweitzer, A.D. 1988. The theory of translation: states, problems, aspects. Nauka, Мoscow, 215 pp.
- Stanislavsky, A.P. 2015. Adaptation and translation: language mediation. Humanitarian scientific research, 8. URL: http://human.snauka.ru. [Accessed Septemder 25 2018].