Plenary Session and Round Table
Track 1. Session 1.
Track 1. Session 2.
Track 1. Session 3.
Track 2. Session 4. Session 5. Session 6. Session 7.
Track 3. Session 8. Session 9.
Track 4. Workshop 1.
Track 4. Workshop 2.
2014 – 2017 FUNCTIONAL ASPECTS OF CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION AND TRANSLATION ISSUES (Vol.1-4)
2018 – FUNCTIONAL ASPECTS OF CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION AND TRANSLATION PROBLEMS (Vol.5)
2019 – FUNCTIONAL ASPECTS OF INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION. TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETING ISSUES (Vol.6)
Established in 2014
1 issue per year
ISSN 2686-8199 (print)
Publishing House: RUDN University
Address: 3 Ordzhonikidze st., 115419, Moscow, Russia
Ph. +7 (495) 952-04-41;
Conference Organizers: Institute of Foreign Languages of RUDN (Russia), Faculty of Philology of Moscow State Lomonosov University (Russia), Faculty of Translation and Interpreting of the University of Granada (Spain), Russian Centre of the University of Granada (Spain), Higher Institute of Languages in Tunis of the University of Carthage (Tunisia), UniNorte University (Paraguay), Moscow State Linguistic University (Russia), Institute of Education University of Reading (UK)
Goal of the Conference:
To reveal the diversity of functional aspects of intercultural communication within the process of world education integration, to focus on translation and interpreting issues in the conditions of the modern society.
List of Main Issues to Be Discussed:
- interrelation between functional approaches of intercultural communication and interpretation issues
- intercultural communication in educational activity
- intercultural component of linguistic personality in understanding socio-cultural reality
- hypertextuality and discursive approach in computational linguistics
- formation of discursive socio-cultural competence of future translators and interpreters in language training process
- digital technologies in teaching / learning foreign languages
- computational linguistics and artificial intelligence
A special session “Culture and Education: Social Transformations and Multicultural Communication” will be held within the conference
Keynote Speakers at the Plenary Session:
Prof. Dr. Walter Daelemans – Professor of Computational Linguistics, University of Antwerp (Belgium)
Theme: Computational Stylometry: profiling authors of social media text with machine learning methods
Round table discussion “Thematic trends in research publications and the ethical policy of scientific journals” (Education&Psychology) with the chief editors of highly ranked foreign scientific journals
- Vanessa Dennen, Editor-in-chief – The Internet and Higher Education, Professor of Instructional Systems&Learning Technologies, Florida State University (USA)
- Roger Säljö, Co-editor – Learning, Culture and Social Interaction, Professor of the Department of Education, Communication and Learning, University of Gothenburg (Sweden)
Ian Thompson, Co-editor – Teaching Education, Assoc. Professor of the Department of Education, University of Oxford (UK)Theme: The importance of theory and methods in research articles
Session Proposal Deadline is September 14, 2020
Conference language: English
Abstract and Extended Abstract Submission Deadline is October 14, 2020
Submission Deadline is extended till October 30, 2020
Registration fee is 1500 rubles. For postgraduate students – 750 rubles.
Deadline – 15 November, 2020