2014 – 2017 FUNCTIONAL ASPECTS OF CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION AND TRANSLATION ISSUES (Vol.1-4)
2018 – FUNCTIONAL ASPECTS OF CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION AND TRANSLATION PROBLEMS (Vol.5)
2019 – FUNCTIONAL ASPECTS OF INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION. TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETING ISSUES (Vol.6)
6th International Scientific Interdisciplinary Conference on Research and Methodology
Institute of Foreign Languages (RUDN University)
November 15th, 2019
Conference Organizers: Institute of Foreign Languages of RUDN (Russia), Faculty of Philology of Moscow State Lomonosov University (Russia), Faculty of Translation and Interpreting of the University of Granada (Spain), Russian Centre of the University of Granada (Spain), Higher Institute of Languages in Tunis of the University of Carthage (Tunisia), UniNorte University (Paraguay), Moscow State Linguistic University (Russia), Institute of Education University of Reading (UK).
Goal of the Conference:
To reveal the diversity of functional aspects of intercultural communication within the process of world education integration, to focus on translation and interpreting issues in the conditions of the modern society.
List of Main Issues to Be Discussed:
- intercultural communication as a global problem of the modern world
- interrelation between functional approaches of intercultural communication and interpretation issues
- intercultural communication in educational activity
- intercultural component of linguistic personality in understanding socio-cultural reality
- hypertextuality and discursive approach as linguistic aspects of intercultural communication
- formation of discursive socio-cultural competence of future translators and interpreters in language training process
- an integrative approach in foreign languages teaching as the phase of world global education process
Keynote Speakers at the Plenary Session:
James W. Pennebaker – Regents Centennial Professor of Liberal Arts and Professor of Psychology. University of Texas at Austin (USA)
Helga Kotthoff – Professor of German as a Foreign Language, University of Freiburg (Germany)
Thierry Karsenti – Professor of the Université de Montréal (Canada)
Conference languages: Russian, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian
Registration fee is 1500 rubles. For PhD students – 750 rubles.
Payment deadline is November 5, 2019.
Following the results of the conference Program and Conference Proceedings are planned to be published.
Conference Proceedings are indexed in the RSCI database. Conference organizers are also planning to submit Conference Proceedings for indexing in the Scopus database. The editorial board reserves the right to competitive selection of abstracts and extended abstracts for publication.